(877) 370 - 5788

What Compensation Am I Entitled To?

Workers’ compensation pays limited benefits. Generally, any medical expense related to the injury must be covered. You are also entitled to a percentage of your lost wages for time away from work.

There are three stages to an accepted workers’ compensation claim: temporary total disability (TTD), temporary partial disability (TPD), and permanent partial disability (PPD).

Temporary total disability should pay two-thirds of lost wages, with checks coming in two-week intervals. The highest wage recognized by the Workers Compensation Act depends on the year you were injured.

Under temporary partial disability, the carrier continues to pay the total medical expenses from the approved physician, but now pays 2/3 of the difference between your established average monthly wage and the wages you are able to earn within your medical restrictions. Temporary partial disability is paid while you are still receiving active medical care, but have been released to work with restrictions, often referred to as “light duty” work. If your employer cannot accommodate your restrictions, you will receive full compensation of 2/3 of your regular wage, but paid every 30 days.

Permanent partial disability means that the case has closed from further active medical care, but the worker has suffered a permanent disability as a result of the injury. Depending on the type of injury you have sustained, you may be entitled to either a one time lump sum payment to compensate you for your injuries, or you may receive a permanent monthly pension if you are unable to return to your regular work and have a “loss of earning capacity” as a result of your injuries.

For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an attorney, contact Snow, Carpio, and Weekley at 602-532-0700.

google icon