(877) 370 - 5788

Leaving the State While Your claim is Open

Leaving the State While Your claim is Open

As an injured worker Arizona law requires that you notify the Industrial Commission if you are planning on leaving the state for more than 14 days while your claim is open.  This can be done by filing paperwork prior to your departure.  Paperwork should include the address of where you will be staying while you are gone, and your reason for travelling or moving out of state.  

It’s always best to file something as soon as possible so that if your request to leave the state is denied, you have time to request a hearing on the matter.  If you leave the state without first obtaining permission your workers compensation benefits can be suspended.

Blog WC Tip of the Day By:
Diana Robles, Attorney
Snow Carpio & Weekley
Tucson, AZ Office

If you or someone you know has been hurt on the job or has an disability that could prevent them from working for at least one year, contact Snow, Carpio & Weekley for a free consultation by calling toll-free at 855-325-4781.
google icon