(877) 370 - 5788

How to File a Work Injury Claim in Arizona

So you just got injured on the job in Arizona and the first thing you did was – go to my blog???  Well since you’re here, I’ll tell you how to file your claim. 

In Arizona, a worker injured on the job has the burden of making sure that a claim has been filed at the Industrial Commission of Arizona.  If you received medical treatment for your injury, and told the doctor that you were injured at work, Arizona law requires the doctor to file a “Physician’s and Worker’s Report of Injury” form with the Industrial Commission – but many doctors fail to do so.  If you first treated at an industrial clinic like Concentra, MBI, Banner Occ, or at an emergency room, chances are the form was filed.  If you first treated somewhere else, it’s anyone’s guess.  Either way, you should call the Industrial Commission’s Claims Division at (602) 542-4661 and verify that the claim has been filed. 

If the claim was not filed, you can request a Worker’s Report of Injury (green form) and fill it out yourself.  Make sure to be specific as to how you were injured, who you reported it to, and any witnesses.  Many times, the Workers Report becomes important evidence at a hearing in the event that the claim is denied. 

Remember that, while you must report the injury to your employer immediately, you have up to one year from the time of the injury or the time you became aware of it to file the claim. 

I would also recommend that anyone injured on the job in Arizona take advantage of the free initial consultation with Snow, Carpio, and Weekley to educate themselves about the services workers (workmans) compensation attorneys provide regarding their rights in their claim. 

Chad Snow is an Arizona Attorney who practices exclusively workers/workmans compensation.  He has offices in Phoenix and Tucson and has represented thousands of Arizonans injured on the job.  He can be reached at (602) 532-0700 or (520) 647-9000. 

google icon